Litter and fly-tipping
Information about waste related crime, including littering and fly-tipping.
How you can avoid a £5000 fine by checking that the person who removes your waste is a registered waste carrier.
If you see fly-tipped rubbish, please let us know. We want to clear the rubbish as soon as possible. If you actually see a person fly-tipping and can provide us with details we may be able to prosecute them.
Please remember they are committing a crime: do not get involved or attempt to tackle them.
Telephone numbers to report fly-tipping to your local council are below:
- Cherwell District Council - 01295 221940
- Oxford City Council - 01865 252900
- South Oxfordshire District Council 03000 610 610
- Vale of White Horse District Council 01235 520 202
- West Oxfordshire District Council 01993 861 060
You can also download our poster to display on your notice board
- Cherwell poster (.pdf format, 410Kb)
- Oxford poster (.pdf format, 409Kb)
- South Oxfordshire poster (.pdf format, 418Kb)
- Vale of White Horse poster (.pdf format, 415Kb)
- West Oxfordshire poster (.pdf format, 415Kb)
For more details about our fly-tipping campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Councils across Oxfordshire take fly-tipping seriously and will prosecute those responsible for trashing our county. Evidence gathering and CCTV footage have enabled many successful court prosecutions where fly-tippers are fined and walk away with a criminal record.
Below are a couple of examples of fly-tipping convictions. With enforcement officers currently working on cases we will add to this section as the guilty get caught. Click on the photo to find out more details of the punishment.