Advice for schools
The Green School Programme
To find out more about our exciting Green School Programme or to book a visit for your school visit http://www.groundworkgreenschools.org.uk/ or call 08450 50 45 50.
Reduction and re-use tips
Most schools are already busy re-using resources from revamping last year's costumes for the next school play to designing space craft from empty washing up liquid bottles! Here are a few ideas for reusing even more materials in school:
- compost pencil shavings
- promote waste free packed lunches, and compost fruit leftovers
- refill ink cartridges for printers
- shred paper for pupils to take home for animal bedding
- compost tea bags from the staff room
- collect coloured paper and magazines for scrap art
- ask parents to donate unwanted paint and tiles to revamp outdoor spaces and create exciting mosaics and murals
- hold a recycled fashion show, you could even sell the pupils' creations after the show!
Cut down on paper use in school by:
- using both sides of paper for rough notes and jotters for pupils
- printing and photocopying double sided where possible
- finding out whether parents would like to receive an email letter rather than a paper version. This may help with notes getting lost in school bags as well!